- Navigate to the “Payments” dashboard and then select “Create New Payment” at the bottom of your screen.
- Select “Payment Plan”. When prompted to “Select Card Reader”, please select the name of the POS device you are using. If you will be keying in the card information, select "No Reader" from the list.
3. Choose whether the patient is a “Primary” or “Dependent”, then enter the patient's information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Date of Birth
Once the information is filled in, select “Create New Profile.”
4. You have the option of running a credit report for the payer, to see if they meet your practice's criteria for financing. This credit check initiates a Soft Pull of the payer's credit history and will NOT affect their credit score. If you opt to do so, you should ask the payer for a state-issued ID and enter the following information exactly as it appears on their ID.
The payer will also be prompted to enter some sensitive required information directly on the Simplifeye Smile, like social security number and annual income.
There exist three possible outcomes when you run a credit report on a payer.
- The payer is completely approved. You can proceed to the checkout page.
- The payer's credit history meets the base requirements in the Simplifeye network, but does not meet additional requirements set by your practice administrator. The system will allow you to proceed to checkout, but you will see a red alert message reminding you that you may want to proceed with additional caution, like requiring a larger down payment for the payment plan.
- The payer's credit history does not meet the base requirements in the Simplifeye network. In this case, you will see a modal asking you whether you would like to proceed anyway or return to the dashboard.
5. Assuming you proceed to the billing information checkout page, you can enter the following:
- Procedure Cost
- Payment Method
- Down Payment
- Length of Payment Plan (limited to between 2 and 24 months)
The combination of cost, down payment amount, length of plan, and any applicable fees will result in an automatic calculation of the monthly payment that you can see in the grey box on the right side of the page.
6. Proceed by selecting the “Review Plan” button at the bottom of your screen. After you review information, select “Submit”. The patient will be prompted to complete the transaction for the Down Payment on the point-of-sale terminal. The payment method they use will be securely tokenized and use to process their subsequent recurring monthly payments. Upon successful completion of the transaction, the patient will receive a receipt via email, as well as a link to create a portal account.
8. If you need to key in the payer's credit card information in the event of a device or chip malfunction, you can click "Enter Card Manually" on the modal that appears on your screen.
9. Congratulations, you've created a payment plan. You can return to your dashboard to view the Down Payment in the “Realized Revenue” section, as well as next month's due payment in the "Scheduled Revenue" section.