From time to time, Apple will ship out updates to enhance the stability, features, and functionality of the Apple Watch. Remember, the Apple Watch is still a fairly new technology, and keeping your watch up to date with the latest software is always the best way to ensure the best user experience.
Fortunately, updating the Watch app is as simple as any other update on your iPhone. Just follow these steps (Screenshots below):
1. Click the Watch App on your phone (note the yellow circle)
2. Click the "General" settings inside the watch app itself
3. Scroll down and click "download and install" at the bottom.
4. Agree to Apple T's and C's
* Remember your watch MUST BE ON THE CHARGING CRADLE and have at least 50% battery life in order to update its software.